A Doula is a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth. They understand the physiology of a mother’s body and the emotional needs of a woman in labour. With a doula assisting during this important time, you will have a much more positive experience, the labour will most likely be shorter with fewer complications, and the babies are healthier breastfeeding, sleeping and bonding more easily.
WHAT DO Birth and Baby care SERVICES INCLUDE?
During your pregnancy, we offer:
– unlimited contact via email, sms and/or phone
– prenatal consultations (minimum 2) to discuss your preferences and options to help you achieve the kind of birth that you want, and help you draw up your birth plan
– educational information, resources
– prenatal HypnoBirthing course packages
We recommend taking this package for the best results during this important time.
During the birth, we will:
– be on call for you beginning three (3) weeks before the estimated due date up until labor begins
– provide early labour support in your home, then travel to hospital or birth centre with you, providing constant physical, emotional and informational support right up to and after the birth of your baby
– help the partner to feel calmer and more informed, giving them ideas to continue support from beginning to end
– stay one to two hours after your baby is born to ensure the mother feels settled and well, and help with the initial breastfeeds help
– we can also take photographs or video upon request.
After the birth, we will:
– usually visit you twice after your baby’s birth
– we will assist in providing information and supplying emotional support by telephone on postpartum care, breastfeeding, and newborn care after the birth
– we can also provide a written birth story if requested.